From the Idaho Health and Welfare Application for Benefits:

Do I Have to Be a Citizen?

No. Please do not let fear of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) keep you from seeking needed benefits for your family. Receiving health coverage, Food Stamps, and child care for your eligible children will not prevent you from gaining lawful, permanent residence or U.S. citizenship, or from sponsoring relatives, if you can support them....







Thursday, August 10, 2006

Opinions and thoughts

Will it never end?  Recently Mel Gibson made a huge boo boo.  When he was arrested for drunken driving he made some pretty racist comments to the police offer arresting him and those comments were caught on tape. 
Now I don't agree with the things he said at all but I am confused as to why we feel celebrities aren't allowed to have thoughts or opinions that don't mesh with our own. 
The nation is made up of people with tons of differing opinions and thoughts. Just take a look at Rush Limbaughs fan base.  Personally I don't like the guy at all.  Should I not be able to express that thought without fear of losing my friends? 
I just think we expect way to much of celebrities.  I would like to see all celebrities and politicians express their true beliefs, thoughts and opinions.  If we don't agree with them we shouldn't watch their shows, we shouldn't vote for them etc.  We all liked Mel until we found out how he really felt.  Did he suddenly start feeling that way or were we just all blinded by his brilliance?  ha!  I doubt it.
 
Technorati Tags : , , , ,
 
 
Powered By Qumana

Comments on "Opinions and thoughts"

 

post a comment