From the Idaho Health and Welfare Application for Benefits:

Do I Have to Be a Citizen?

No. Please do not let fear of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) keep you from seeking needed benefits for your family. Receiving health coverage, Food Stamps, and child care for your eligible children will not prevent you from gaining lawful, permanent residence or U.S. citizenship, or from sponsoring relatives, if you can support them....







Wednesday, July 26, 2006

No Blogging in India

Considering that America is a Country of freedoms, education and knowledge I am always amazed to find out the things that we don't know.

For instance did you know that last week India blocked blogger.com from the internet?  How amazing is that?

I just happened to run across a blog that was talking about it because the Author lives in India.  I couldn't really believe it but I clicked on a link to another blog and there it was again along with the article: http://in.rediff.com/news/2006/jul/17blog.htm

This got me to thinking, I remember reading about something that I think most people were aware of.   China wanting Google to set up the internet so that only the sites they say can be viewed can be viewed.  I thought this was the most incredible thing when I read about it.   Can you even imagine living under that kind of cencorship?  We can search on the term "censorship" for instance and the seach engines would probably return all kinds of varying viewpoints.  If you live in China the only viewpoint you will see is that of the Chinese govt. 

It is very sad in a way.   Shouldn't we ALL as people in general have as much information available to us as WE want?

 

FREE information on government grants, auctions, and more!  www.freefromscams.com

 

 

 


 

 
 

 
Powered By Qumana

Comments on "No Blogging in India"

 

post a comment