From the Idaho Health and Welfare Application for Benefits:

Do I Have to Be a Citizen?

No. Please do not let fear of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) keep you from seeking needed benefits for your family. Receiving health coverage, Food Stamps, and child care for your eligible children will not prevent you from gaining lawful, permanent residence or U.S. citizenship, or from sponsoring relatives, if you can support them....







Thursday, July 20, 2006

Work ethics

Entitlement.  That's what so many people these days feel.  I was reading an article at www.thevoicenewsletter.com the other day and it got me to thinking.   There were a number of articles actually but they all tied in together in this respect.  Why do so many people these days feel as if something is owed to them?  What ever happened to good old fashioned work ethics.  Having been a manager I've seen this first hand.  During an interview an applicant actually asked once, "what will this company do for me?".  Shouldn't the question have been "What can I do for your company?"

The author at The Voice felt it was because people don't appreciate their Country anymore.  They don't really understand what others have died for and why they died for it. 

In some respects I can agree with that.  I think more importantly it is that we have become spoiled.  I remember having nothing and if I wanted anything I had to work for it.  I have raised my children pretty much to be the same way but they still have been somewhat spoiled.  What happened to kids going out and working alongside their parents in whatever business that was?  Kids used to get up in the morning, help milk the cow, gather eggs, do chores and then go out and help in the fields.  They knew they were expected to help out and there wasn't any whining.  Well okay, maybe a little.  Try to get a kid today to clean their room or help with the dishes!  They would rather go and have a tooth pulled! 

Kids used to be raised with a good work ethic and they carried that over into their adult lives and jobs.  We need to get back to that.  We aren't entitled to anything.

 

 

FREE information on government grants, auctions, and more!  www.freefromscams.com

 

Technorati Tags : , , , , ,

 

 
Powered By Qumana

Comments on "Work ethics"

 

post a comment