From the Idaho Health and Welfare Application for Benefits:

Do I Have to Be a Citizen?

No. Please do not let fear of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) keep you from seeking needed benefits for your family. Receiving health coverage, Food Stamps, and child care for your eligible children will not prevent you from gaining lawful, permanent residence or U.S. citizenship, or from sponsoring relatives, if you can support them....







Monday, July 17, 2006

Stem Cell research

What am I missing here?  Stem Cell research is supposedly pretty important and can help make a lot of advances in the medical field.  Over and over it gets shot down because so many people feel it can only happen if we extract the stem cells from aborted babies.  Now I have always understood that the extraction can come from umbilical cords and I also thought I heard once that it could even come from bone marrow.  (I could be misremembering the last one).
Why do we have to make it so difficult.  Why can't we pass a bill that allows parents to donate the umbilical cords for research and leave abortion out of it.  The bill can state that no part of an aborted fetus can be used for stem cell research.  I would have gladly donated the placenta and umbilical cords from my births to be put to medical research if the opportunity had been there. 
If Im wrong here someone please correct me!
 
 

FREE information on government grants, auctions, and more!  www.freefromscams.com

 

 

Technorati Tags : , , , , ,
 
Powered By Qumana

Comments on "Stem Cell research"

 

post a comment