From the Idaho Health and Welfare Application for Benefits:

Do I Have to Be a Citizen?

No. Please do not let fear of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) keep you from seeking needed benefits for your family. Receiving health coverage, Food Stamps, and child care for your eligible children will not prevent you from gaining lawful, permanent residence or U.S. citizenship, or from sponsoring relatives, if you can support them....







Thursday, June 08, 2006

Illegal Immigration and English

So now President Bush wants to help the illegal immigrants "assimilate" into the U.S. by making sure they learn English and U.S. History.  Well isn't that nice? 
It sounds nice, but then I remembered a time when I lived overseas.  The country I was in didn't have any programs to help me assimilate.  If I wanted to live there I had to take it upon myself to learn the language and customs.  Guess what?  That is exactly what I did! 
I don't understand why Bush is so set on changing things.  I understand that illegal immigrants are coming in everyday in droves and a lot are staying and most aren't paying taxes etc.  What happened to our laws and justice system though?  Why exactly aren't we actively picking up the illegals and sending them home? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Powered By Qumana

Comments on "Illegal Immigration and English"

 

post a comment